Saturday, May 28, 2016

‘Blogging to make money is not easy’

Doing anything online is risky. Buying with your bank card is even worse.

Everything has its pros and cons and online buying right now is a killing. The youth has gravitated more towards online everything. Just like having a whole conversation online well, people want to buy clothes at the comfort of their homes. In that case, one does not have to go to that particular place; you can get things from as far as Europe within a shot space of time.

 Lindokuhle Adequate Zwane is a 23-year- -old online fashion boutique owner. Her zeal for fashion and buying things online motivated her towards opening her own boutique.  Lindokuhle saw the need for such a market since people kept bugging her about her outfits; where she had bought them and would be amazed at the prices so she decided to start selling those things. "I am passionate about fashion, I know it never ends, but just revolves," she says.

Ambitious 

Without overselling her, but Lindokuhle admits to being overly ambitious, which drives her to excel at anything she does. The Industrial Psychology student says she wants to be independent; which is why even though studying, it does not make her lose focus of her passion. "I am just a girly girl, and could have studied anything regarded manly but would still want to be fashionable." 

"I would wake up early and sleep late because I would be checking trends out there, when people play games on their phones and laptops. I will be browsing through online shops. And I also enjoyed helping people with putting their outfits together. That is exactly how I knew I want to be in the fashion industry," she says with a shrug. Lindo, as affectionately known, has a simple style and right now is working on opening a 'simple but neat' shop with good lighting. 

Fashion

"Fashion is about expressing my identity. It will mean showing people who I am through fashion choices and using my clothes to tell them something about me.  I have the desire to continually grow in fashion. I am looking forward to be a well known professional stylist. It is always good to have something to fall back on; to have so much in your plate so you can never go hungry," she states.

To think that young people want to do certain things with friends, Lindo has managed to stand on her own and make something good  she can admire as hers. "I learnt that you can always stand up on your own and do incredible things. My successful online boutique has helped me be myself. I plan and choose hours which are suitable for my blogging. I use productive hours efficiently to take care of my blog and studies. Because I love what I do, I wake up everyday excited about it. I never have to consult anybody about anything and it really keeps me financially stable."

@adequate_onlineboutique

Lindo has her own style icons she looks up to, but it is not your typical Beyoncé's. She says it is Thuli Mola who owns a fashion brand called Style Alert South Africa. "She is an influential style blogger, and recently  launched Style Master Classes. She has influenced me to grow my business, because she also uses social media to market her brand. She shares that 'girl power' that just drives me.  I would say she has helped me to be financially independent,"" she says.

Plans & Aspirations

"I never really have spare time, but always make time for my friends, because I enjoy going out and exploring with them. Being out going exposes one to a lot of things. It actually broadens your mind. Otherwise, there's so much I want to do. My boutique started small last year and right now I am working on expanding it. I have to," Lindo says. 

Lindokuhle is always on the lookout for latest trends. She checks out fashion bloggers daily for inspiration. "I love dressing up neatly and appropriately. So, helping people on what to wear for different occasions really helped me in fashion. Advertising, networking, and marketing increase my fashion sense.  My frustration is juggling time between my business and  studies. Blogging on its own requires so much time, and so is studying," she states.

She says right now she is looking forward to sharing her fervour for style with a variety of people, which includes styling models for photo shoots, and styling celebrities for television shows and movies. "Advertising on Instagram really gets visitors. And allowing my client to advertise what they bought from me drives more visitors. I was lucky enough to turn my hobby into a profession."

Blogging to make money is not easy; it comes with passion, determination and hard work. "Having to give all my clients full attention is a challenge but I try to give the best of my ability to everyone and good service. I wear trends; I am always simple and elegant. Promise Motau is my fashion inspiration; she motivates me to blog often." 

"I get to dress a person for occasions, which really gives me a great feeling of pleasure. I also do get invites to attend fashion events. Fashion blogging really is interesting, because by the time new trends reach on popular magazines, and television, we already know about it," she humble brags. You can follow Lindokuhle on Instagram: @adequate_onlineboutique 


Source: 'Blogging to make money is not easy'

No comments:

Post a Comment