Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Blogging niches - what's too broad?

Hi guys,

It's my first time on here, so I hope I'm posting in the correct sub-forum.

I would like to start my own blog soon, and I understand the importance of sticking to a particular niche or audience. Now I want to write about three main topics, which are all fairly big - making money (which may include blogging later down the line if I do well myself, but initially things like side hustles), self development (productivity, motivation) and health/wellness (but mostly tying this to having extra energy for your business, how it translates to success, etc). I was thinking of having those three categories. However, I'm worried that if someone finds my post on a health topic, they'll see that my blog isn't in on health and fitness and that I write a lot about money, and leave...or vice versa. However, I want to emphasise how the three elements can tie together to create success. Do you think this is a feasible idea?

Alternatively, I could have two sections - one on making money, one on general success (both self development and health-related topics)?

Also, if I have such a website, do you think it'd be ok for my partner and I to launch a family lifestyle blog later down the line?

Thanks everyone!


Source: Blogging niches - what's too broad?

No comments:

Post a Comment