Monday, July 4, 2016

How to Not Lose Your Day Job From Blogging

This is my true confession: I am a cheater. Somehow I find myself sneaking off (and by sneaking off, I mean rolling my chair in closer to my desk to peer down at my electronic device) in search of social media updates.

Try as I might, I'm thinking about her (and by her, I lovingly mean my fashion accessories blog) when I should be dedicated to my 9-5 occupation of almost 9 years. It really has me wondering what a woman is supposed to do when she's torn between her two loves.

It all started out innocently enough. I just wanted to express my love for fashion accessories. I suppose that my deep adoration took on a life of its own from there. I was posting photos and providing all of the jewelry lovers scoop that I could get my hands on.

Let's face it, I'd be lying if I said that my pulse didn't quicken and my heart didn't race every time that I receive a reader comment or get added to a Twitter STYLE list as ONE TO WATCH.

Fast forward to the here and now and the rut that I've managed to get myself in. I don't want to have to choose. I need both my day job and my blog. So here are a few valuable tips on how NOT to lose either of your true loves. A list created out of necessity and not just want.

At least make it the priority as much as you can while you're physically there. Get your paid job done before blogging. Don't neglect your job duties.

This doesn't mean to hop on your company's PC whenever your boss's head is turned. I use my personal device, which I have connected to a Wi-Fi gadget box that I purchased. Check your blog during lunch or breaks.

If you clearly know what needs to get done, you might be able to get a few things accomplished in the early morning hours, at lunch time, or even during your commute, which is a definite plus.

I hope that you've found this information to be helpful. If you're a blogger who also works a 9-5, I'd love to hear about how you balance your schedule out as well!


Source: How to Not Lose Your Day Job From Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment