Monday, August 22, 2016

Love of the SP website, features and blogging

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 This week for the Aspire & Inspire's Buddy Support Group Challenge we are to blog about SP. How and why did you come to SparkPeople? What keeps you coming back to SparkPeople? What is your favorite feature of the site? Are you a regular blogger??

I came to SparkPeople because a friend from grade school that I had recently reconnected with back in 2009, when she mentioned SparkPeople several times on Facebook. I had recently started exercising when I came to SP. When I first came to SP I looked around a bit and then received invites to teams on SP. I think I joined a few teams but wasn�t really active with them at first. In fact I didn�t think I needed nor wanted to get involved with any of the teams. Then I started to become a little more active with the teams and found that I enjoyed the support and encouragement I received from others who were on a similar path towards weight loss and becoming healthy in general. That is one of the biggest reasons why I keep coming back t o SP. I�ve made a great deal of friends here and would really feel empty without being in contact with them. I love to encourage and support them as much as they like to do the same for me.

It�s hard to pick just one feature of SP that is a favorite. I�d have to say though that the top 3 features I love are the teams and the interaction that comes with the teams. The second feature is the fitness tracker. I love seeing how many minutes of fitness I�ve done in a week/month/year. I also like seeing how many calories I�ve burned. The third feature of SP I like is SparkRecipes. There are so many recipes to choose from. You just have to be careful and look at the nutrition information before deciding whether to make a recipe or not.

I would say that I like SparkPeople.tv but we have very, very, very slow internet access where I live. I've tried watching a couple of workout videos but they usually end up stalling on me. It's just easier to pick something from YouTube if I want to stream a workout video. It seems as though they think everyone has the same internet speed as they do in California.

When I first started blogging it was just sporadically. I just blogged about certain things that was going on with me with my journey towards becoming healthier and life in general. Then the Aspire & Inspire team started doing these Buddy Support Group challenges that are month long challenges. As a part of the challenge each week we are to blog about a different topic and sometimes there are 2 blogs we are challenged to do. The blog topics are usually decided for us but sometimes we can decide what we want to blog about. So, I guess in that regards I am a regular blogg er. If it wasn�t a part of the challenges though I might not blog as often because I probably wouldn�t take the time to blog. I like to blog but it�s just something that probably wouldn�t be at the top of my priority list.


Source: Love of the SP website, features and blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment