Wednesday, August 10, 2016

BlogHer Conference

I've been blogging for seven years now, but this was my first BlogHer Conference.  So great to have it in my own city, with friends!  Day 1 started off with Vegan Banana Protein Pancakes at a breakfast party that Leslie Durso hosted with Vega.

vega, protein powder, vegan, pancakes

You can get that yummy recipe on their site – I got a big container of protein powder, but wound up passing it along as a gift to my other favorite vegan, Jasmin Singer, who was at the conference speaking as well.

friends, blogging, podcast, nitestar

The DIY Vlogging Panel I led with Jess Sanfilippo (aka Shuggilippo) went great – thanks to everyone for packing the room and being so engaged!  Jess and I actually met at a vegan donut event back in March – such a small world.

Jenny Yang was also speaking at the conference – unfortunately, at the same time as me. We got to hang out a little afterwards, though – I just got booked for the Comedy Comedy Festival she is organizing later this month.  Stay tuned for that…

lynn-chen-jenny-yang-adele

…another funny lady I loved getting to meet was Aisha Tyler – she emceed the Voices Of the Year Awards, where my Cupcake ATM Video was honored.  The conference was a bit crazy (hello, Kim Kardashian was there) but I managed to take my new camera out for a quick vlog to capture the memories.


Source: BlogHer Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment